Thursday, July 12, 2012

Frid Plays 'Barnabas' To Fan Raves

The Gettysburg Times, October 12, 1968

I don't really indulge much in learning the lives of Dark Shadows alumni mainly because I have better things to do but Jonathan Frid has always been a curious sort to me and I wouldn't mind reading a biography of his. Oddly enough I don't think there's really been a thorough rendering of his life story although I think he did write a sort of obscure autobiography about himself which has probably gone out of print with his passing. Anyway, I learned one thing from this biographical article: that he served time in the Canadian Navy during WWII. I'm not sure if it was active duty or what but I never would have suspected it despite his well-mannered character which screams of self-discipline.

No comments: